I've decided to try and chronicle my PWC adventure. Hopefully this blog will help future generations decide whether or not public accounting with PWC is for them. This is going to be painfully candid and I'm praying that this blog isn't going to get me fired... assuming I get hired.

Why Did I Choose Public Accounting with PriceWaterhouseCoopers?

Let's start by taking a look at Bloomberg Businessweek's 2009 list of "Best Places to Launch a Career."



Notice that PWC is ranked #3 and that the Big 4 are the Top 4. The training opportunities and benefits are great and I thought that it would be much easier to move from a larger company to a smaller one than vice-versa should I decide to make the transition. I could go on and on about the salary, bonuses, healthcare, education assistance, mortgage assistance, yadda, yadda, yadda, but I'm sure that PWC will make me work for every penny.

If I had a million dollars would I still want to be an accountant? No! However, I found early on in my college career than accounting was one of the more productive areas of study that I found interesting and was pretty good at. The salary isn't bad either.

On the flip side, some cynical hires I've spoken with claim that once all their work hours have been totaled, they make an equivalent hourly rate of $10 to $25... which is slightly worse than what a UPS driver makes. (Speaking of UPS drivers, check out this income analysis comparing their pay with doctors' pay. http://www.er-doctor.com/doctor_income.html Long story short, UPS drivers come out on top.)

0 Responses to 'You're probably wondering what I'm doing here...'

Post a Comment