Week I

Posted by oo88oo88oo88oo

Earlier I mentioned that I was assigned to PCS (Private Company Services), which I now know offers tax services to private companies and certain high-net-worth-individuals. So although I won't be working on any big name clients, I will be working on certain engagements from beginning to end... but I'm really jumping the gun here. I spent most of this week in training.

Tax intern training was composed of two days worth of general corporate-tax instruction and another two days worth of PwC administrative housekeeping. We went over form 1120, 1120s and 1065 and the various working papers that are associated with corporate tax. (Mainly exciting things like K-1's and 1099's.) Additionally we engaged in self-study modules to learn about general PwC tasks with such highlights as office etiquette and properly accounting for time and expenses. All of the training was very standardized but tinged with a corny/campy PwC flair. I definitely give them credit for trying though.

On Wednesday I participated in a PAID after-work dinner and social event for the tax folks. Of the list of sports/games that I expected to play in the office atmosphere, I can honestly say that bocce ball was probably last. It was a "don't knock it till you've tried it" moment as I enjoyed myself and my intern team took the associate team to school.

After bocce ball some of the interns who hadn't had enough fun (myself included) went back downtown to have a few drinks. It turned out to be karaoke night and I decided to wow everyone with my rendition of "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. I'm hoping my prestige among the interns (which wasn't too high) got kicked up a notch... well maybe half a notch.

Free lunches: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs
Free dinners: Wed

0 Responses to 'Week I'

Post a Comment